Sunday, June 9, 2013

stay inside

Photo









Dads | Get To The Beach! You used to watch me while I'd...



Dads | Get To The Beach!

You used to watch me while I'd drive, 
but now all you watch is 
how many exits until you're home. 
It shouldn't be this forced 
to not act so upset every time I hear your name. 
Since you've left the home we made 
you've been out fucking someone else. 
A permanent bee sting in my throat, 
I can't ever catch my breath. 
It's not fair to tell me to cheer up.

Audio



Photo



I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself 



I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself 

tw: dm, assault, sexual assault, r*pe,

friendlyangryfeminist:

the fact is, when men say "she's someone's sister/mother/daughter/wife" it very much says that a woman's worth is only determined by the men in her life. which is some patriarchal bullshit.

and more troubling to me, it ignores the reality that men assault their sisters, their wives and their daughters! 

The idea that women are only worth protecting if they belong to a man gives these men power over women and girls that feeds back into a violent loop. 

Photo



icedoutyouth: loudcarparty: icedoutyouth: thoughtxscour: Why...





icedoutyouth:

loudcarparty:

icedoutyouth:

thoughtxscour:

Why is this Acceptable?

Mm, I bet you think you have every right to spazz about this since they're making a 'white joke', right? Nah. Sit down, it's class time.
See, the stereotype they're joking on here is that white people don't know when something is dangerous/stupid to do. This trope is played in many horror movies. However, they almost always live (until another scene)! This is playful and cannot mar the social status or image of white people as a whole. That's why this is acceptable, not racist, or any of the other shit you are probably crying white tears about.

Dismissed.

Why is it acceptable to say "white tears". If someone said quit crying your black tears, or red tears, or yellow tears, or any other color referring to race besides white, it would be an outrage.

Why.

Class session round two.
White tears is acceptable because whites only cry when their feelings get hurt because they feel "excluded" which they mistake for oppressed. Whereas the tears of POC are shed not willingly but due to the injustice pushed onto us by colonialism, imperialism, and white/european culture in general.
Dismissed.

In case you guys don't know, this is my favorite person I follow on this god forsaken website.

icedoutyouth: "Let me put stuff in your butt" is the most romantic sentence I've ever read.

icedoutyouth:

"Let me put stuff in your butt" is the most romantic sentence I've ever read.

Photo



Photo



"I'm fat positive because I'm a feminist, and I refuse to acknowledge in the magical thinking that if..."

"I'm fat positive because I'm a feminist, and I refuse to acknowledge in the magical thinking that if you're small enough, quiet enough, compliant enough and saccharine enough, you will somehow be enough."

- Why I'm Fat Positive (via skinnnedkneees)

madeleineishere: make up tips





madeleineishere:

make up tips

"Every year white people add 100 years to how long ago slavery was. I've heard educated white people..."

""Every year white people add 100 years to how long ago slavery was. I've heard educated white people say, 'slavery was 400 years ago.' No it very wasn't. It was 140 years ago…that's two 70-year-old ladies living and dying back to back. That's how recently you could buy a guy.""

- Louis C.K. (via 30thcenturyboy)

melstringer: Pretty Cry Baby



melstringer:

Pretty Cry Baby

goddamnfeminist: men's rights

goddamnfeminist:

men's rights

melstringerart: Indirect Disrespect comic for RAVE magazine



melstringerart:

Indirect Disrespect comic for RAVE magazine

islandshoes: great movie 



islandshoes:

great movie 

feuntes: Man Overboard - Where I Left You



feuntes:

Man Overboard - Where I Left You

"Sleeping next to someone, not with someone, is perhaps the most intimate you will ever be with..."

"Sleeping next to someone,
not with someone, is perhaps
the most intimate you will
ever be with another human.
In sleep, we are completely
defenseless. We are soft
and supple and childlike.
Our hard exteriors falls away
when the sand hits our eyes.
The way you sleep, with your
face softened and your arms
wrapped around my waist,
is the most beautiful thing
I have ever seen. I am not an
artist, but I may become one
just so that I can capture that
moment."

- I Miss Sleeping Next To You. (via sadlittlewords)

No comments:

Post a Comment